Southern New Jersey Pretrial Intervention
The Pretrial Intervention Program (PTI) provides defendants with the opportunity to avoid the more traditional process of criminal prosecution. PTI was developed around the notion of rehabilitation and the goal of deterring future criminal behavior. If you would like to explore the possibility of PTI, do not hesitate to contact my office.
Individuals with questions regarding pretrial intervention should contact Joseph J. Rodgers, Chartered, at their earliest convenience. It is wise to discuss these matters as soon as possible so the legal process can be modified as necessary. Essentially, the goal of PTI is to provide guidance to individuals struggling through personal problems and conditions that might lead to criminal activity.
Southern New Jersey Diversion Lawyer
The New Jersey court system has specifically laid out the benefits of the Pretrial Intervention Program.
- If PTI is successfully completed, there is no record of conviction and the defendant avoids the stigma of a criminal record. However, there is a record of arrest that can be expunged.
- Early intervention allows rehabilitative services to be provided soon after the alleged offense, in an attempt to correct the behavior that led to the offense.
- Many of the costs associated with the formal court process are eliminated through acceptance into PTI.
- PTI provides early resolution of a case that serves the interests of the victim, the public and the defendant.
- PTI reduces the burden on the court and allows resources to be devoted to more serious criminals.
Acceptance into PTI is reliant upon and results in certain standard conditions. To learn more about the conditions and restrictions of the program, including information about pretrial diversion for juveniles, I encourage you to schedule a consultation with an attorney at my office.
Contact The Firm
If you need an experienced criminal defense attorney, do not hesitate to contact the office of Joseph J. Rodgers, Chartered. The firm can be reached at 800-514-1164 or through the online contact form on this website. Office hours are flexible based on clients’ needs, and the firm accepts Visa, Mastercard and Discover for payment.