Accomplished Northfield Criminal Defense Attorney Advocates for Clients’ Rights
Reputable New Jersey law firm helps people accused of a wide range of crimes
A criminal conviction can change your life forever. If you’ve been arrested, I will put my in-depth knowledge of New Jersey law and nearly 50 years of legal experience to work in your defense. At Joseph J. Rodgers, Chartered in Northfield, I seek to achieve the best possible outcomes for people faced with criminal prosecution. My law firm has successfully defended thousands of residents who have been charged with driving while intoxicated, drug possession, assault and a wide variety of other misdemeanor and felony offenses. No matter what you are charged with, you can rely on me to staunchly advocate for your rights throughout the entire criminal justice process.
Seasoned criminal defense lawyer delivers skillful legal representation
I gain positive results for clients by delivering legal services that are:
- Strategic — I will thoroughly investigate the circumstances of your arrest and the charges and evidence against you to develop the strongest and most strategic defense.
- Knowledgeable — Through practicing law in New Jersey for nearly five decades, I have gained comprehensive knowledge about the state’s courts and justice system that greatly benefits clients.
- Effective — Whether I am arguing in front of a jury or pursuing a dismissal or plea bargain, I effectively and aggressively stand up for my clients’ interests.
In working with clients, I believe in a hands-on approach. When I take on your case, you will get one-on-one guidance from me every step of the way.
Dedicated counselor provides undivided attention to criminal cases
I focus exclusively on criminal defense and handle cases involving a wide range of felonies and misdemeanors, including:
- Crimes against people — My law firm seeks justice for people accused of assault and battery, sex crimes, robbery, manslaughter, murder and other serious crimes against people, including cases in which guns were allegedly involved.
- Crimes against property — I have extensive experience defending people accused of theft, burglary, arson, breaking and entering and more. I can help you too if you are accused of a crime against property.
- DWI — If you’ve been arrested for driving while intoxicated, I will carefully examine the facts of your case to determine whether or not improper police procedures were used and provide a strong defense.
- Drug crimes — A conviction for a drug crime can have severe consequences, even in marijuana cases. I’ll explore the options for diversion or treatment programs instead of jail time.
- Cellphone use in motor vehicles — The state has stringent laws about cellphone use in motor vehicles. I will work on your behalf to help you avoid expensive fines and other penalties.
- Probation and parole — I help clients understand the terms of their probation or parole and how to stay within the law. I also represent them in cases where violations of probation or parole are alleged.
Additionally, I counsel some first-time offenders about the state’s pretrial intervention program, which may help them avoid conviction. I also help clients who are seeking to have convictions expunged from their records.
Contact an experienced New Jersey defense lawyer when you’ve been arrested
Since 1987, Joseph J. Rodgers, Chartered in Northfield has defended people accused of a variety of crimes in Southern New Jersey. To schedule a free consultation, call my firm at 609-391-2608 or contact me online.